Patrick and I did have a great time at Sever North, although it was
cold even for a Russian:-) The pictures of the long-eared owl that I
took are in my MO winter gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Pkondrash/MissouriWinter20082009?feat=directlink
They are very similar to Patrick's as there was pretty much one spot
from which you could see the bird well.
On the way back to Kirksville I observed a snow bunting in a mixed
flock of horned larks and lapland longspurs along Hwy 6 just west of
Adair/Know Co. line. Saw 200-300 crows near the pellet plant in Knox
Co. 5 mi south of Edina on Hwy 15 and an imm. bald eagle in the same
area.
Finally photographed my LEOW!!!
Merry birding,
PK