I relocated the snowy owl originally found by Regina Fordyce today at
~10 am. It is an adult male, almost absolutely white. The owl was in
the cornstubble field on the NE side of Hwy. 146 where it makes the
first big curve south of Hwy 136. Local people told me that they might
have seen the owl as long as two weeks ago for the first time. It
seems to be hanging out in the same general area between 136 and the
1st big curve of 146. It looks like it established its territory. I
took some pictures which I will post later on. Thanks to everybody who
reported this bird. It took me 8 years to see a snowy owl in MO, but
this bird was worth waiting for!!!
Good birding,
PK
--