In Joplin...  the chickadees have always been my  favorites..  was busy with
errands today but spent most of yesterday in  front of my fireplace & watching
the feeder which is just outside the living  room window.  It was a very busy
day out there.  Lots & lots of  Chickadees grabbing a peanut heart &
"zipping" back & forth.   Also Juncos & Tufted Titmouse.  I previously lived in
Crestline,  CA, in the mountain area above San Bernardino, CA. and had a large
variety of  winter birds there.  I bought "peanut hearts" for them @ a local feed
store  there & it's a favorite of the Chickadees.  I was able to find  some
here @ Atwood's.  It's gotten a little pricey so have been putting out  some in a
small feeder that will accommodate the Chickadees and a couple of the  other
smaller birds that seem to like them so it doesn't get scattered.  If  you
haven't tried the peanut hearts you might want to give them a  try...

Mary Cottrell
Joplin, MO..

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/