Mobirders:
I finally had a Pine Siskin today at my thistle feeder. It was in with a
couple dozen Goldfinches which have been regulars there.
Yesterday I had a flock of 10-12 Purple Finches (all females) enjoying
thistle as well.
Also, yesterday I had an Eastern Phoebe in my yard which is very unusual
with snow and 20 degrees. It was flying up under the over hang of my garage
roof apparently looking for any bugs that might have been there. After a few
minutes of searching, the bird moved on and I didn't see it again.
Dave Pierce
St. Louis County
--
Diane Pierce