This afternoon I saw a Northern Shrike along Hyw 139 just North of the Linn/Chariton Co. line. It flew South and couldn't find it again but probably went into Chariton Co. saw a Loggerhead Shrike a couple miles farther North and just East on Hyw 130 near the RR crossing. I did not see the NSHR I had seen twice earlier on the North side of Swan Lake NWR. I only made one pass through there today, so it could still be around. Gravel roads very icy/slick all around this area, and many of the secondary paved roads have some/ many patches of ice also. Be careful out there!

Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.