Thanks Larry!  This is out of print, but Amazon.com lists many used
copies for reasonable prices.  I also like http://www.abebooks.com
for used books.  They list a bunch for $1.00 + $4.00 shipping, good
quality, better ones for a bit more.   Just ordered one!

On Dec 9, 2008, at 8:09 AM, Lawrence Herbert wrote:

> June and Mobirders -
> The reference I have that has pronunciations in it is:
> "The Audubon Society Encylopedia of North American Birds"
> by John K. Terres, 1980.  Alfred A. Knopf, Publisher.
>
> June, that's a good question.  Few references have pronunciation
> information in them.
> Good birding,  Larry H.  Joplin, Jasper Co., MO.
> ASM Spring Meeting: May 1-3, 2009 in Columbia, MO.
> http://www.mobirds.org

June Newman
Carroll County Missouri

http://www.mobirds.org