St. Louis area. 12-9-08

Here a one legged adult Ring-billed gull:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/1leg3.jpg
Often time it would show a black-mark white feather
 aligned with/under the tertials:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/1leg1-1.jpg
What do you think? Can you correlate it with this flight pic?:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/wingtip2.jpg
Is it P5?: I don't see any dark tertial marks.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/wingtip2-1.jpg
Yes it is:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/p51-1.jpg

Here a first winter Ring-billed gull tail:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/tailfeather2.jpg
Here another: What's with the lone patterned outer tail feather?
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/tailfeather1.jpg
R6 (outer-tail feather) is stacked atop it should be under.

Here some distant pics of a What the heck gull from Carlyle today:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/whatthe1.jpg
The fine drizzled rain kept me from walking into McNair campground:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/whatthe2.jpg
The extreme dark-hood made the face/bill outstanding:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/bilrudn/whatthe3.jpg

Bill Rudden
St. Louis
http://www.mobirds.org