The St. Louis Audubon is sponsoring a birding trip this Saturday, December 6th to the B.K.Leach Conservation Area.  We will cover as much of the conservation area as possible, but we will be limited from some areas because of duck hunting.   This will be an excellent opportunity to learn the birding areas within  B.K. Leach and to survey what birds are currently there.  Time permitting, we will also visit the Winfield Dam area and other Highway 79 birding spots.

Meeting Time:  8:45 am, rain or shine, at Dierbergs or 9:00 am at B.K. Leach (see below)

Meeting Place:  This is a car pool trip and we will meet at the southwest corner of Highways 70 and 79.  There is a Dierbergs market at this corner, and we will meet in the southeast corner of the parking lot.  I have a tan Jeep Liberty and will be watching for participants.  We can combine cars and/or caravan from this location.  We hope to enter the B.K. Leach area off of Hwy M at approximately 9:00 am for those that want to meet us there.  Take Hwy. 79 north to Hwy. M, turn right and drive to the first B.K. Leach parking lot on the left, and we will meet you there.

Plan:  We will drive through the area during the morning and visit many of the birding spots that are available.  Bring your own lunch and water if you wish to stay past noon.  We will eat outside, weather depending, or in our cars.   We will bird other areas along the Hwy. 79 corridor till approximately 2:00 pm.  Bring your 2 way radio, if you have one, so we can communicate amongst the cars.  This is also a CACHE trip, and we will be entering our findings on MOBIRDS.  Dress warmly and wear comfortable walking shoes in case we walk short distances to find the birds.

Everyone is welcome to join us, members or non-members.  The cost is free.  For more information, you can contact me or visit www.stlouisaudubon.org.

Pat Lueders, Trip Leader
St. Louis, MO