I spent an hour early this morning walking around Resurrection Cemetery (St. Louis County, between Watson and McKenzie Roads).  There's a number of pines around the cemetery, and many have cones.  Even a few spruces, which have lots of cones.  But no crossbills... yet.  Lots of robins and waxwings flying over, and one mixed flock of golfinches, juncos, robins, White-throated Sparrows.  I'm still confident that if birders check pines around Missouri this weekend especially in parks, cemeteries, etc., somebody will get lucky and find some crossbills.

Yesterday morning another grad student at UMSL found 5 Cackling Geese among the Canadas on the pond behind our science building.  There was also a small Canada that was intermediate between the two and had a dusky breast and face.

Nick Barber
University of Missouri-St. Louis
St. Louis, MO