I don't have several hundred goldfinches, but I have a hundred
perhaps, which is at least 100% increase over last season.  If the
thistle sock gets empty, their numbers don't seem to decrease; they
just move to the black oil sunflower seed.  There was an abundant
crop of native annual  and perennial sunflowers in the area, but the
heads appear to be stripped clean already.  Early November I had
purple finches, but haven't seen them for awhile, nor the pine
siskins who showed up for two or three days.  Juncos are fewer in
number than previously--just AMGO's and lots of them!  I'm seldom
seeing chickadees, regulars most winters.  One downy woodpecker eats
my homemade, scorched peanut butter/ suet block.  The crows don't
come to the feeder, fortunately, but I'm  seeing a noticeable
increase in their numbers in the stubble fields and pecan trees over
a year ago.   One of the resident bluejays does a remarkable redtail
hawk imitation.  That scatters the AMGO's briefly.

June Newman
Carroll County Missouri