From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: Pllueders479
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 12:51:50 EST
Subject: SLAS Field Trip to B.K.Leach CA Saturday, Dec. 6
To: [log in to unmask]

-------------------------------1228326710

The St. Louis Audubon is sponsoring a birding trip this Saturday, December
6th to the B.K.Leach Conservation Area.  We will cover as much of the
conservation area as possible, but we will be limited from some areas because of  duck
hunting.   This will be an excellent opportunity to learn the  birding areas
within  B.K. Leach and to survey what birds are currently  there.  Time
permitting, we will also visit the Winfield Dam area and other  Highway 79 birding
spots.

Meeting Time:  8:45 am, rain or shine, at Dierbergs or 9:00 am at B.K.  Leach
(see below)

Meeting Place:  This is a car pool trip and we will meet at the  southwest
corner of Highways 70 and 79.  There is a Dierbergs market at  this corner, and
we will meet in the southeast corner of the parking lot.   I have a tan Jeep
Liberty and will be watching for participants.  We can  combine cars and/or
caravan from this location.  We hope to enter the B.K.  Leach area off of Hwy M
at approximately 9:00 am for those that want to meet us  there.  Take Hwy. 79
north to Hwy. M, turn right and drive to the first  B.K. Leach parking lot on
the left, and we will meet you there.

Plan:  We will drive through the area during the morning and visit  many of
the birding spots that are available.  Bring your own lunch and  water if you
wish to stay past noon.  We will eat outside, weather  depending, or in our
cars.   We will bird other areas along the Hwy.  79 corridor till approximately
2:00 pm.  Bring your 2 way radio, if you  have one, so we can communicate
amongst the cars.  This is also a CACHE  trip, and we will be entering our findings
on MOBIRDS.  Dress warmly and  wear comfortable walking shoes in case we walk
short distances to find the  birds.

Everyone is welcome to join us, members or non-members.  The cost is  free.
For more information, you can contact me or visit _www.stlouisaudubon.org_
(http://www.stlouisaudubon.org) .

Pat Lueders, Trip Leader
St. Louis, MO

mailto:[log in to unmask]

-------------------------------1228326710

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16735" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>The St. Louis Audubon is sponsoring a birding trip this Saturday, Decem=
ber=20
6th to the B.K.Leach Conservation Area.&nbsp; We will cover as much of the=20
conservation area as possible, but we will be limited from some areas becaus=
e of=20
duck hunting.&nbsp; &nbsp;This will be an excellent opportunity to learn the=
=20
birding areas within&nbsp; B.K. Leach and to survey what birds are currently=
=20
there.&nbsp; Time permitting, we will also visit the Winfield Dam area and o=
ther=20
Highway 79 birding spots.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Meeting Time:&nbsp; 8:45 am, rain or shine, at Dierbergs or 9:00 am at=20=
B.K.=20
Leach (see below)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Meeting Place:&nbsp;&nbsp;This is a car pool trip and we will meet at t=
he=20
southwest corner of Highways 70 and 79.&nbsp; There is a Dierbergs market at=
=20
this corner, and we will meet in the southeast corner of the parking lot.&nb=
sp;=20
I have a tan Jeep Liberty and will be watching for participants.&nbsp; We ca=
n=20
combine cars and/or caravan from this location.&nbsp; We hope to enter the B=
.K.=20
Leach area off of Hwy M at approximately 9:00 am for those that want to meet=
 us=20
there.&nbsp; Take Hwy. 79 north to Hwy. M, turn right and drive to the first=
=20
B.K. Leach parking lot on the left, and we will meet you there.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Plan:&nbsp; We will drive through the area during the morning and visit=
=20
many of the birding spots that are available.&nbsp; Bring your own lunch and=
=20
water if you wish to stay past noon.&nbsp; We will eat outside, weather=20
depending, or in our cars.&nbsp;&nbsp; We will bird other areas along the Hw=
y.=20
79 corridor till approximately 2:00 pm.&nbsp; Bring your 2 way radio, if you=
=20
have one, so we can communicate amongst the cars.&nbsp; This is also a CACHE=
=20
trip, and we will be entering our findings on MOBIRDS.&nbsp; Dress warmly an=
d=20
wear comfortable walking shoes in case we walk short distances to find the=20
birds. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Everyone is welcome to join us, members or non-members.&nbsp; The cost=20=
is=20
free.&nbsp; For more information, you can contact me or visit <A=20
href=3D"http://www.stlouisaudubon.org">www.stlouisaudubon.org</A>.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Pat Lueders, Trip Leader</DIV>
<DIV>St. Louis, MO</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT><BR><BR><BR><DIV CLASS=3D"aol_ad_footer" ID=3D"76b33=
c32f9c7fc9eec8304875435d705"><FONT style=3D"color: black; font: normal 10pt=20=
ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;"><HR style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 10px">Make your life easier with=
 all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place.  <a href=3D"http:=
//www.aol.com/?optin=3Dnew-dp&icid=3Daolcom40vanity&ncid=3Demlcntaolcom00000=
010">Try it now</a>.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
<pre>