Actually the Italian translations of Eliot's marvellous Four Quartets are not so good (not so faithful to the original)...in my infinite immodesty (but also because it's so wonderful to work on these extraordinary poems) I have made a new one this past year, trying to stick to the original as much as possible. It's going to be edited at the beginning of 2009 by ETS.

--- On Tue, 11/11/08, Diana Manister <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
From: Diana Manister <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Eliot in many languages
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, November 11, 2008, 9:58 PM

#yiv274273560 .hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;padding:0px;}
#yiv274273560 {
font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

I've just spent an enjoyable hour on Wikiquote's T.S. Eliot pages. This is not Wikipedia per se,

but one of its spinoffs. Another is Wikisource, where I read a novel by Shelley!

Of course their Eliot quotes in English are nothing much to Eliot afficianados and scholars; but

on the left side of the main Eliot page one can select translations in other languages!

My favorite is to read the Italian page and try to translate the quotes

(love this: "da Quattro quartetti")

you may prefer to puzzle them out in another language.

Great fun! Diana