  From: Chokh Raj
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:41 AM
  Subject: Re: OT - Samuel Johnson, a critic at large

        Thanks, David.

        A tidbit from Shaw -- of beauty and brain, in a lighter vein:

        A famous motion picture star met GBS on shipboard while traveling to America. She monopolized the conversation for the four days on the water. At the final dinner she stated to Shaw,

        "Mr. Shaw, what a wonderful thing it would be for us to get married. Think of the children we could have. Why with my beauty and your brains they would conquer the world."

        "Yes, Madam," GBS replied, "But what if they had my beauty and YOUR brains?"

        (by Margaret McGhee at http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/501281)

        Cheers !!!

        CR