Tom Colket wrote:

> 12/28/08
>
> In his essays on literary criticism, Eliot expressed a variety of views on
> "impersonality" in poetry. I thought it might be interesting to look at
> some of the things he said in various essays written at different points
> in his life to be a fuller understanding of "Eliot's impersonality".

Tom, to add to your collection, though not an essay, was a letter Eliot
wrote to Hayward about seeking a personal memory to evoke the emotion in
the Compound Ghost section of "Little Gidding."  I'm pretty sure one of
the links I posted recently had something to say on this but I'm having
trouble coming up with the link again.

Regards,
    Rick Parker