On a visit to Columbia Bottoms Conservation Area in St. Louis County this morning Anne Kirkpatrick and I ran into at least a dozen Western Meadowlarks. After the asphalt main road makes a left turn, the birds were in the first set of trees on the left side of the road. They would fly into the trees and then into the fields adjacent to the trees. All the time we were watching them, the meadowlarks sang persistently. We did not see the Northern Shrike.

Connie Alwood
St. Louis County

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/