Just a quick update- we put up 4 hummingbird feeders again by 6 am, complete with red plaid ribbon.  However, we did not see the Rufous Hummingbird today.  I will post again if the bird returns.

It was very birdy here today otherwise, between the other feeders and water features with at least 22 sp. represented.  A beautiful Coopers Hawk flew in disrupting the feeding about 7 am.  Hairy, Downy, Red-bellied WP and a male N. Flicker came in frequently. At least 6 ETS and 18 Cedar Waxwings were present. Large numbers of Robins were constantly at the water features.  Housefinches, Am. Goldfinches and just a single Purple Finch were also here.  The pair of Carolina Wrens, Titmice and Chickadees, along with Cardinals, Blue Jays, Juncos, Grackles and White-breasted nuthatches added to the mix.

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO