A great big Thank You! to Charlene Malone for posting the  Hummer Alert for
Jefferson City.  Went by this morning from 7:20 to 7:40  but did not see the
bird then.  Went back at lunch time from 12:45 to  1:15.  Between 12:50 and
1:00, she zipped into the feeder 3 different  times, staying about 20-30 seconds
each time.  Had good looks of her front  and side as she perched at different
ports.

If you're coming through Jefferson City on Highway 54 heading  West
(Southwest), take the Hwy 179 exit, then take the Route C exit.  Turn  left, heading
towards Russellville.  After crossing over Hwy 179, Route CC  is the first left
turn (turn lane and traffic light).  The house is the  second one on the
right.  Has a nice circle driveway to park  in.

It's so much fun to actually see the bird you're going  after!

Good Birding!
Barb Duncan
Jefferson City, MO
Cole County

In a message dated 11/17/2008 3:01:58 P.M. Central Standard Time,