I have heard both Carolina and Black-capped Chickadee at
Shawnee Trail, Prairie State Park, and Bushwhacker CA.
Just this May or June on the Vernon County line at Bushwhacker
there was a singing Black-capped on one side of the road and a
singing Carolina on the other.  Fun.  I think in our data base at
those places we just call them chickadee species.

Speaking of chickadees IMO the ice storms last winter probably
didn't help their over wintering.  Then the heavy rains this spring
and summer didn't help their breeding in all probability.  They
are single brooded too according to the literature.  I think that
their population is down somewhat here in sw MO.

Good birding,  Larry H.  Joplin (Jasper County) MO.
(Carleen and I have a new email address now.