It seemed to me that every bird feeder in Missouri except mine had
been visited by Pine Siskins.  Today I returned from an outing and
startled birds on the thistle seed sack.  I noted an un-goldfinchy
sound, and got a glimpse of striped breasts and flashes of yellow.
They returned soon and I got to confirm that they were indeed those
elusive Pine Siskins.   They were common at my feeders in Johnson
County  and Douglas County Kansas some years, and completely absent
others, but today is my first feeder sighting in Carroll County in
almost 5 years of residence.

June Newman
Carroll County, Mo

http://www.mobirds.org