Birds I saw at Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge, Mound City, Missouri, the morning of November 21, 2008.

Nearly 1/2 of the birds I saw today were waterfowl species:

Greater White-fronted Goose
Snow Goose
Ross's Goose
Cackling Goose
Canada Goose
Trumpeter Swan
Tundra Swan
Wood Duck
Gadwall
American Wigeon
Mallard
Northern Shoveler
Northern Pintail
Green-winged Teal
Canvasback
Ring-necked Duck
Lesser Scaup
Bufflehead
Hooded Merganser
Ruddy Duck

The rest were: Ring-necked Pheasant, Pied-billed Grebe, American White Pelican, Great Blue Heron, Bald Eagle, Northern Harrier, Red-tailed Hawk, American Coot, Ring-billed Gull, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Downy Woodpecker, Northern Flicker, Blue Jay, American Crow, Black-capped Chickadee, Tufted Titmouse, White-breasted Nuthatch, Brown Creeper, Carolina Wren, European Starling, American Tree Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, Northern Cardinal, Red-winged Blackbird, YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD, Rusty Blackbird, Common Grackle, Brown-headed Cowbird and American Goldfinch.

Larry Lade

Saint Joseph, MO

gcrownkinglet AT yahoo DOT com