The list does not accept attachments.  So here is the list of birding
opportunities en-route to and from Washington State Park and detailed
directions.
June Newman

Conservation Areas that need more visits to develop a good checklist:

LaBarque Creek CA  northwest Jefferson Co.
 From Eureka, take Highway 109 south to Highway FF, then west to
Highway F, then south approximately 100 feet, then west on Doc
Sargent Road, then about .50 mile to Valley Drive, and south to the
parking lot.

Young CA    northwest Jefferson Co.
South on Route W off I-44, then 3 miles west on Route FF.

Crooked Creek CA  southern Crawford Co.
South on Route W off I-44, then 3 miles west on Route FF.

State Parks that need more visits to develop a good checklist:

DR. EDMUND A. BABLER SP  Northwest St. Louis Co.
 From Eureka
 From I-44, take Exit 264 onto Hwy. 109. Travel north eight miles to
Route BA. Turn left and continue two miles; the park entrance is on
the left.
 From St. Louis
 From I-270, turn west onto U.S. Hwy. 40/64 and travel for 9.5 miles
to the Long Road exit. Turn left onto Long Road and travel one mile
to Wild Horse Creek Road. Turn right onto Wild Horse Creek Road and
continue three miles to the Hwy. 109 stop sign. Turn left and travel
less than one mile to Route BA; turn right and continue for 1.5 miles
to the park entrance.
 From St. Charles County
Travel east on U.S. Hwy. 40 to Chesterfield Airport Road (just after
crossing the Missouri River bridge). Continue for two miles to Long
Road and turn right. Travel one mile to Wild Horse Creek Road, turn
right and continue to the Hwy. 109 stop sign. Turn left and travel
less than one mile to Route BA; turn right and continue 1.5 miles to
the park entrance.

BENNETT SPRING SP   Western Laclede, eastern Dallas Co.
 From Springfield
Bennett Spring State Park is approximately 63 miles from Springfield
and should take 1 hour 30 minutes depending on traffic. Drive east on
I-44 for 51 miles to Exit 129; stay in the left turn lane on the exit
ramp. You are now in Lebanon. Turn left onto Hwy. 32/Hwy. 5 and stay
straight on Hwy. 5 for 1.5 miles, until you reach the intersection of
Hwy. 64 and Hwy. 5. Go straight on Hwy. 64 for 10.5 miles then turn
left onto Hwy. 64A. Travel for one mile until reaching the state park.

Directions to Washington State Park
 From St. Louis
Approaching on I-270: Exit onto Tesson Ferry/Hwy. 21 South. Travel
south on Hwy. 21 approximately 45 miles, through Hillsboro and De
Soto. The park is located approximately nine miles south of De Soto.
Approaching from I-55: Travel south toward Memphis. Take Exit 174
(U.S. Hwy. 61/67 South to Park Hills/Leadington). Continue
approximately six miles to the exit for Hwy. 110/De Soto. Turn right
at the top of the exit ramp and go approximately six miles to the
intersection with Hwy. 21. Turn left/south onto Hwy. 21 and continue
approximately 12 miles to the park entrance.
 From Jefferson City
Using U.S. Hwy. 50
Travel east on U.S. Hwy. 50 through Union. Turn right/south onto Hwy.
47 and continue through St. Clair. Turn left/east onto Hwy. 30/Hwy.
47 and travel approximately five miles before turning right/south
back onto Hwy. 47. Continue approximately 21 miles to Hwy. 21. Turn
left/north onto Hwy. 21 and travel approximately three miles to the
park entrance.
Using I-70
Travel east on U.S. Hwy. 54 to Kingdom City; then take I-70 east to
St. Louis. Take Exit 232 onto I-270 Chicago/Memphis. From I-270, exit
onto Hwy. 21/Tesson Ferry and travel approximately 45 miles to the
park entrance.

Directions to Meramec State Park
 From St. Louis
Meramec State Park is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes from the St.
Louis area. Travel west on I-44 to Exit 226/Sullivan/Hwy. 185 South.
After exiting, turn left to travel over I-44 and continue for three
miles south on Hwy. 185. The state park entrance is on the right side.
 From Cuba/St. James/Rolla
Travel east on I-44 to Exit 226/Sullivan/Hwy. 185 South. After
exiting, turn right onto Hwy. 185 and continue for three miles. The
state park entrance is on the right side.
 From Jefferson City
Meramec State Park is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes from Jefferson
City. Travel south on U.S. Hwy. 63 to the Vichy Airport area. Turn
west onto Hwy. 68 and continue to St. James; take I-44 east to Exit
226/Sullivan/Hwy. 186 South. After exiting, turn right onto Hwy. 185
and continue for three miles. The state park entrance is on the right
side.