On a beautiful cool sunny day we headed for Clarence Cannon NWR off US 79 in Pike County, MO.

Birds of note:  American Pipits, Vesper Sparrows, G White-fronted Geese, ducks totalling
thousands including pintails, mallards, shovelers

Partial list:
G White-fronted Geese
Canada Geese
Gadwall
Am Wigeon
Am Black Duck - one flyover seen by Richard Coles
Mallards
N Shovelers
N Pintails
Green-winged Teal
Pied-billed Grebe
Am White Pelicans
GB Herons
Bald Eagles - incl one adult
N Harrier
Coopers Hawk - juvenile drowning u/i prey in marshy creek
Red-tailed Hawks
Am Kestrel
Am Coots
Killdeer
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs (side-by-side)
Wilsons Snipe
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
Rock Pigeons
Eurasian Collared Dove - seen by Jean Cook south of Winfield
Mourning Doves
Red-headed Woodpeckers - on nature trail
N Flicker
Am Crow
Blue Jay
Horned Larks
Tree Swallows
Brown Creeper - nature trail
Am Robin
American Pipits - in field on right of county road H approaching headquarters
Vesper Sparrows - same location - both sp. spotted by Richard Coles and seen by most
Savannah Sparrow
Fox Sparrow - nature trail
Song Sparrow
DE Junco
Red-winged Blackbirds
Rusty Blackbirds
Am Goldfinch

Pipits and Vespers were year birds for most and with the Wigeon probable life birds for Paul Brockland.  It was a great day to be out and the staff as always was very helpful.  We missed three American Golden Plovers they had seen on a drive-through.

Jackie Chain
St Louis County