Yesterday I was driving through the middle of Columbia (On Walnut, at about
8th) when I noticed a large flock of House Sparrows feeding on the sidewalk
near the junction. I noticed a smaller, more slender bird flitting about at
the edge of the flock, and as I got closer, could see it was a Spizella. It
had a striking face pattern which looked right for a Clay-coloured, but I
wasn't in a position to stop and take a better look.

Cheers, Chris.

Chris Corben
www.hoarybat.com

http://www.mobirds.org