Forwarding for Joe Eades:

-----Original Message-----
From: EADES, JOSEPH W [AG/1000] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Southwestern MO Field Trip Announcement-SLAS

St. Louis Audubon is offering a weekend field trip to the prairies of
southwestern Missouri on November 1 & 2, 2008.  All are welcome, though
there will be a limit of 20 people overall. The target bird is Sprague's
Pipit; Smith's Longspur and Greater Prairie Chicken are possible. The
chances of seeing a Sprague's Pipit are pretty good, as the trip leader
has seen them in this region in each of the last 5 years. Special
tactics will be employed in hopes of getting good looks at this elusive
species. Raptors should be present in good numbers and Short-eared Owl
is likely as long as we linger until dark. The itinerary will include
various prairie conservation areas, other public land and the roads
south of Montrose, Missouri.  This is a great chance to see and enjoy a
unique section of our state and its avifauna.  For those interested in
an early start Friday afternoon and/or those who can stay until late
Sunday afternoon, we will scope for loons, grebes and waterfowl on one
or more large lakes; most likely Stockton and/or Smithville. There will
be a considerable amount of walking involved when searching for the
Sprague's Pipit.  There is a fee of $20 per person to participate.  A
check for that amount should be made out to Joe Eades and sent to him
at:

Joe Eades
517 Willow Lane
Kirkwood, MO  63122

Make your reservation by e-mail to [log in to unmask] and send
a check to confirm your reservation. The purpose of the fee is to help
ensure we have enough committed participants to make the trip worth
doing and to make this out-of-town trip a break-even event for the trip
leader. Hotel arrangements will be made available for Friday and
Saturday nights near birding areas in S.W. Missouri.  More details will
be sent once you make your reservation.

Thank you,

Trip Leader
Joe Eades