I enjoyed a juv. Yellow-bellied Sapsucker today at noon.
No red at all.  Very pale critter overall.
Couple of Yellow-rumps chasing each other.
Also very tame Orange-crowned Warbler at the
MSSU wetland.

Scissor-tailed Flycatchers - just two yesterday at MSSU.
The nice October group didn't happen this year.
12 was the most I had about 10 days ago.  I've had as many
as 75 two or three Octobers ago at MSSU, Joplin.

No Chimney Swifts tonight at North Middle, Joplin.

Good birding,  Larry H.  Joplin (Jasper County) MO.

http://www.mobirds.org