I visited Powder Valley this evening, but as I forgot bins it wasn't so much of a birding activity afterall. Nonetheless, I do see this nests under rock ledges there (and at other places).
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/natureblogg/nest.jpg
What bird do they belond to?

I also found a ringneck snake in the same area
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/natureblogg/ringneck.png

And a fence lizard
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/natureblogg/020.jpg

You can't really go to powder valley without at least a few deer being noticed, even if you're not sighted you'll hear them grazing and snorting.
ttp://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/natureblogg/028.jpg

Other than that I saw little blobs that meant I needed contacts or bins, o, and one bluejay. Plant wise there is quite a bit growing along the ledges--Wild Senna, Patridge Pea, Some kind of purple-flowering Aster, and Prairie Dock. Probably some other interesting species that I just didn't recognize

Kevin
STLCO