I've been to forest parks twice in the last week and you're right, it's been very active. Watching the trees along he edge of where the forest meets the prairie, I could see a bird within seconds no matter where I looked. I've also seen a lot of hawks (not sure what species), but they all looked the same because I started to think they were following me for my 10lbs dog! Tuesday there was a large (25 approx. or more) group of Flickers. I didn't realize they traveled in packs as I've only seen them solitary or a few spread out in a wooded lot before. They were all in the "robin" area of the tree inside the tree trail.

Kevin
STLCO