I am back in Missouri after two great weeks in Ecuador. Got home Sunday evening.

Brenda and I went birding this morning for a couple of hours around the oxbows south of Saint Joseph.

Birds of mention:

FERRUGINOUS HAWK flying west in the vicinity of Mushrat Lake. Two Northern Harriers, one Red-tailed Hawk and an American Kestrel were seen.

About 30 Blue-winged Teal, a couple of Green-winged Teal and two Ring-necked Ducks.

Some Savannah and Vesper Sparrows in the road side around Muskrat Lake along with some Horned Larks.

Eastern and Western Meadowlarks were also around Muskrat Lake.

One Double-crested Cormorant at water inlet at Mud Lake.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO
gcrownkinglet AT yahoo DOT com
http://www.mobirds.org