Good Morning MoBirders,

Now that I have had a chance to catch my breath, I must agree with Larry Lade that if you did not attend the Audubon Society of Missouri Annual Fall Meeting......you certainly missed a good one.

With a Friday night program given by Edge Wade and Susan Hazelwood on "Beyond Feathers and Song: Perceiving Birds", you missed a very informative presentation. I did not realize that birding required both sides of my brain.

As always, we had great company seeing old friends that we haven't seen very much of this past year. And what can I say about our caterers. They serve up some of the best "home cooked meals" of any one, except my mom.

The weather was absolutely wonderful and we had some very good birding. With a total list of 92 species of birds, it was truly nice to be out of doors.

The Friday night program was given by two scholarship recipients of the Paul and Fran Bauer Graduate Research Scholarship Award. Robin Hirsch-Jacobson and Andrew Cox gave very good presentation on their graduate research projects. Thanks guys, job well done!

We are sorry you missed the fall meeting this year, but please plan to attend next year as we will have a wonderful surprise for everyone. Now it is time to start planning my next trip to a CACHE or SPARKS area and do a little birding.

Jim Zellmer
President
The Audubon Society of Missouri
Blue Springs, MO