Visited Tower Grove Park today between 2 & 4 pm, not much going on at
Gaddy, saw only a Y/B Sapsucker, Nashville Warb.Tree Creeper and
Yellowstart. In the big trees by the house I found a G/C Flycatcher, Blue
headed Vireos,!st os season R/B Nuthatch, Kinglets and more Sapsuckers +
R/B Woodpeckers.Most activity was in the Cyprus Circle in the trees and
bushes by the dried up creek in the area where there was water,[close to the
bridge under the road] where Magnolias, Nashvilles ,Tennesseees,Parulas and
multitudes of Robins were taking advantage of a quick wash and brush up, at
least until the Robins sounded off their warning call and everyone left. Henry
the Coopers Hawk had arrived and that brought my birdwatching day to an
end.. Les Jenkins.
ps had a lovely Y/R Warbler in the back garden during the week. The hummers
all left on Sun or Mon but the Tufted Titmice & W/B Nuthatches moved in as
did a solitary Song Sparrow.