Hi MOBirders:

After Saturday's StL Aud Soc field trip at B.K. Leach CA I watched an
immature LITTLE BLUE HERON in the channel that runs north-south, separating
pools 7 and 2, east of what used to be the Waterfowl HQ (destroyed by
flooding).  Starting at Norton Woods Rd, I followed the bird as far as the
northeast corner of pool 7, from where it flew away to the north, up the
channel and out of sight.  Robbins & Easterla's "Birds of Missouri" have the
latest date as Oct 5.

Map here:
http://mdc.mo.gov/documents/area_brochures/8514map.pdf

Ducks that I saw for the day were WOOD DUCK, GADWALL, AMERICAN WIGEON,
MALLARD, NORTHERN PINTAIL and GREEN-WINGED TEAL.

Mike Thelen
St. Louis County, MO

http://www.mobirds.org