All usual roads are open and water coming down although still pretty high, esp in Swan Lake Pool. Should be able to have Big Sit! next Sunday at our usual spot, unless it comes back up. Water still over Silver Lake spillway but can cross with high clearance vehicle.

 No Yellow Rail for me either - they are very elusive! Pretty good Sparrow day in spite of windy conditions. Some of the birds today on the refuge -

Am. Black Duck
 PB Grebe
 White Pelican
 DC Cormorant
American Bittern - first one I have seen since Spring
 GB Heron
 Great Egret - 50
Osprey
Bald Eagle - several
N. Harrier - 2
 Red-shouldered Hawk
Sora - many, but fewer than usual
 Am Golden Plover - 4
Killdeer
Lesser Yellowlegs
 Spotted Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Pectoral Sandpiper
 Stilt Sandpiper
Wilson's Snipe - many
Carolina Wren
House Wren
Sedge Wren
Marsh Wren
 Clay-colored Sparrow - FOS
Savannah Sparrow
 LeConte's Sparrow - 2 finally after much searching, was pretty breezy though
 Nelson's Sharptail Sparrow - singles two different places
 Lincoln's Sparrow
 Swamp Sparrow - 50
Song Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
 Big flock of Grackles moving along wet ditch - watched as three different times one flew up with and ate small frog.

 Later, Steve Kinder
 Chillicothe, Livingston Co.

http://www.mobirds.org