From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Jackie Chain
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Charlene and Jim Malone ; [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">MOBIRDS-L
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: Carlyle Lake report /TGP

That was a nice group of warblers reported from Carlyle.  I wonder if the Wood Storks NE of Columbus, Ohio might be blown our way this week, but guess the overflow from Gustav will reach us before it gets there.  I've been checking Tower Grove Park in St Louis several times in quick visits over the last three weeks in between long trips to Clarence Cannon, a couple upriver to Two Rivers, several to Columbia Bottom (Esa's single juvenile Black-necked Stilt still there yesterday morning with some peeps) with a check at RMBS (10 Caspian Terns yesterday).  TGP has had robins, starlings, a singing Carolina Wren, an occasional cardinal, some chimney swifts, a plaintive Wood Peewee heard calling from the Cypress Circle, a Wood Duck pair at the ruins.  In other words, nothing to write MOBIRDS about, though I should have reported my lack of success.

Chris Ferree posted about a few good warblers from Kennedy Woods the other day.  Perhaps if the forecast for heavy rains on Thursday persist, the Thursday group will decide to give the two parks a visit.  We can usually find shelter quickly in a pavilion or in the cars, then pop out for another look and listen.

Jackie Chain
St Louis County

Charlene and Jim Malone <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Good variety of warblers with Alder flycatcher reported.
http://www.htc.net/~kdan/report.htm

Surprised that there have been NO reports from TGP or other migrant traps.
Guess very few are birding anymore......?

Oh well.

Good birding anyway,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.