I went to Eagle Bluffs and saw almost nothing of interest. The large groups of doves sitting on the phone wires were absent, replaced by large groups of pickup trucks with gun racks parked under the wires and hoards of men dressed in camo walking in the fields with guns. Not a comment on hunting, however I must say I was distressed to see one tuck with a large bumper sticker in the middle of the back window with the slogan "IF IT FLIES IT DIES" in plain view.

I think the birds decided it was safer to go elsewhere for a while. Even the red winged blackbirds seem to have left.

Mark