From Charlene: "The IORC prefers documentation done ASAP of the initial sighting of the bird
and a photo is VERY important.
The more evidence the better (!!)."

I would second this. IOC wants photo documentation. They also want to know it the species being documented was confirmed by multiple observers. A good birding reputation counts for little if anything when they are deciding whether to accept documentation.

P.S. I'm not disagreeing at all with how they treat documentation, merely stating that they want solid proof.

Shawn Clubb
Collinsville, Madison Co., Ill.