Soggy greetings!

I took advantage of the rain (figuring that there would be no dove hunters out) and went to Otter Slough after work tonight.

Between the rain drops, I made out several shorebirds (most the regulars) as well as other totalling about 37 species in about 1 hour 10 minutes time, and I was right. Zero hunters were present.

I secretly hoped to relocate the Spoonbill, but my wife doesn't call me "The Eternal Optimist" for nothing. No go on the Spoonbill.

However, on the west side of Otter Slough at the privately owned lake, there were 5 Black-bellied Whistling Ducks present at the previously reported location.

Good Birding to all, and don't forget your rain slickers!

Chris Barrigar
Stoddard Co.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/