There were still a good number of swifts flying around last evening at Powder Valley Nature Center in Kirkwood, St. Louis County. I counted a few dozen and one nighthawk.

Shawn Clubb
Collinsville, Madison Co., Ill.

Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 07:46:31 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fw: Where did the swifts go?
To: [log in to unmask]

Received this message this morning.
This is a worry for me because I have 2 babies that won't be ready to go until the end of next week.
I had over 100 using my towers last night. I think I am getting some from up North to. I think they use my towers as a stopping place on their way South.
How are the Chimney swifts in the rest of Mo. doing? Any movement?

Joyce Rosson
Holt, Mo.