Forwarding for James Hickner

From: James Hickner [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 10:15 AM
To: Josh Uffman
Subject: Piping Plover - still near Hayford Rd - Sept 1st

Hi Josh,

Early this morning I went to bird Hayford Rd area and refound the Piping Plover. It's still there. I heard some shootings some distance away, and this was the first day of Dove Hunting season. I found a Baird's Sandpiper along with some Least Sandpipers and one Pectoral Sandpiper in a mud puddle very close to the gravel road. Other birds in the large pond were Least, Semipalmated, Pectoral, and Stilt Sandpipers, both species of Dowitchers ( over 50 of them), Semipalmated Plovers ( maybe three dozens), Killdeer, Lesser Yellowleg, Greater Yellowleg, Mallard, Blue-winged Teal, Northern Shoveler, Great Egret, and Great Blue Heron. I did not find any phalarope there. I did not pinpoint any Western Sandpiper either. I went home after that.

Good birding,

Jim Hickner