After I learned this weekend that the northwest edge of Calvary Cemetery is a pairie remnant, I thought I'd check out the scene for a bit. Although it was late afternoon, I heard singing and saw several Bell's Vireos scattered in the short trees along the wildflower areas. I'm guessing that these birds breed in the area. The list is below:

Bell's Vireos (several, more heard singing than seen)
Yellow-breasted Chat (2)
Indigo Bunting (3)
Gray Catbird (1)

Bob Bailey