We went to Rock Bridge this morning.  We saw a flock of 9 cedar waxwings, but no
warblers by 8:30, so decided to move on to Eagle Bluffs.

Water is high at Eagle Bluffs.  We only found 5 species of shorebirds.  Our most
interesting sighting was an osprey fishing and a Cooper's hawk harassing him.
Birds of note at Eagle Bluffs:
Great blue herons - only 15
killdeer - 5
great egret - 4
Belted kingfisher - 2
pied billed grebe - 2
sora - 1 dashed across the road in front of us and we heard a partial call of
another
osprey - 1
mallard - 1  - only duck on the water, but saw several flocks in flight going
South
red-headed woodpecker - 2 remain faithful to "their tree"
Cooper's Hawk - 1 taking on the Osprey
Lesser Yellowlegs - 2
Spotted sandpiper - 1
Lesser sandpiper - 4
Semi-palmated plover - 2

Kathleen Anderson, Harold Anderson, Sandy Elbert

ASM Fall Meeting: Sept. 26-28, 2008 at Osage Beach, MO