Forwarding for James Hickner

From: James Hickner [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 10:15 AM
To: Josh Uffman
Subject: Piping Plover - still near Hayford Rd - Sept 1st

Hi Josh,

Early this morning I went to bird Hayford Rd area and refound the Piping
Plover. It's still there. I heard some shootings some distance away, and
this was the first day of Dove Hunting season. I found a Baird's Sandpiper
along with some Least Sandpipers and one Pectoral Sandpiper in a mud puddle
very close to the gravel road. Other birds in the large pond were Least,
Semipalmated, Pectoral, and Stilt Sandpipers, both species of Dowitchers (
over 50 of them), Semipalmated Plovers ( maybe three dozens), Killdeer,
Lesser Yellowleg, Greater Yellowleg, Mallard, Blue-winged Teal, Northern
Shoveler, Great Egret, and Great Blue Heron. I did not find any phalarope
there. I did not pinpoint any Western Sandpiper either. I went home after
that.

Good birding,

Jim Hickner