Birds of note: Black-crowned Night Heron juveniles, Osprey, BN Stilt, Sanderling,
                    Red-necked Phalarope, Caspian Terns -- all Illinois birds except Herons

The young Black-crowned Night Herons were roosting in the trees around Heron Pond, the Osprey (possibly two) fishing below the dam, the Black-necked Stilt, Sanderling, RN Phalarope (Yes, another one), Caspian Terns were in the pond on the west side of the gravel road to the dam. The adult Caspians were dropping fish to two or three juveniles
noisily begging from the little sand strips in the pond.

Bird list Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary area:

Mallard
Green-winged Teal
Pied-billed Grebe
Am White Pelican
DC Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
BN Stilt - 1
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Bald Eagle
N Harrier
Red-tailed Hawk
Killdeer
BN Stilt
Spotted Sandpiper
Sanderling
Least Sandpiper
Red-necked Phalarope
Ring-billed Gull
Caspian Terns
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Doves
Chimney Swifts
E Wood Peewee
Swallow species
N Cardinal
Indigo Bunting
Immature Dickcissel (possible)
Am Goldfinch

A visit to Columbia Bottom at midday produced no birds not previously reported there this season.  As far as I know, noone saw the juvenile Black-necked Stilt.  Many of the dried-up pools had filled again from the heavy rain, but few if any birds other than waders were seen.

Jackie Chain
St Louis County

As far as I know, noone saw the young BN Stilt.  The dried-out pools