Call for Papers

The Department of Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures at the University of Colorado at Boulder invites abstracts for papers on the topic:

Constructing Nation: From Modernity to the New Millennium
http://www.colorado.edu/germslav/GSLL%20Symposium/index.htm
March 13-14, 2009

Keynote Speakers:

Professor Sara Lennox (University of Massachusetts at Amherst)
Professor Paul Lützeler (Washington University)
Professor Edith W. Clowes (University of Kansas)
Professor Eliot Borenstein (New York University)

To focus possible approaches to the nexus of problems associated with this topic, we call for papers for the following panels: Please send a 250-word abstract (no finished papers please) and a 2-page cv to [log in to unmask] as a Word or RTF document no later than October 15, 2008. The organizing committee will send notification of accepted papers by November 15, 2008, together with symposium registration materials and general information. We intend to publish the edited conference proceedings in an academic press. Papers should be limited to twenty minutes presentation time; the published version maximum length remains to be decided. Please indicate the panel for which your paper is intended.

The University of Colorado at Boulder is the flagship university of the University of Colorado system. Located at the base of the Flatirons, Boulder is minutes away from the mountains and Rocky Mountain National Park. Denver is located only forty-five minutes away by bus or car.

GSLL houses programs in German Studies, Russian Studies, Nordic Studies, and Hebrew.

For more information, see our website at:
http://www.colorado.edu/germslav/GSLL%20Symposium/index.htm

--
Beverly Weber
Assistant Professor of German

Department of Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures
276 UCB
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0276

McKenna 221