Subject: IBET 2 swallow-tailed kites south of Carbondale, Jackson CO.
From: "Rhonda \(Monroe\) Rothrock" <woodthrusheola8 AT yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:25:10 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to a lead provided by an acquaintance?of Vicki Lang's, 2
swallow-tailed
kites?were located and observed for 2+ hours flying around and feeding on
the
wing with 9 Mississippi kites this afternoon, 08/23, over New Rt. 51 just
south
of Carbondale, Jackson County.?

The location is 1.3 miles south the intersection where new Rt. 51 splits off
old Rt. 51.? Take Rt. 51 south through Carbondale past?Southern
Illinois?University.? Go through the 4way intersection with Pleasant Hill
Road
(Huck's quickmart to the west/right)?and continue to the next intersection
(at
the split of old and new Rt. 51.)? Stay on New Rt. 51.? From there it was
1.35
miles to were the mixed flock was soaring around over New Rt. 51.?

?
I'll send updates as they come in.? They are two beautiful birds...a life
species for me, right here in Jackson County.?? Yippee!!

?
Rhonda Rothrock
Pomona, Jackson County, Illinois 62975