I noticed Hwy M off 79 in Lincoln County was finally open this evening on my drive home, and went down
without any optics for a look.  You can get about 3/4 of the way across the gravel road that connects Hwy
M and Norton Road.  Across from the levee break, the road is still very mushy and I decided against trying
it in the car I have only had for 5 days.  The old part of BK Leach is inaccessible.  There is no shoulder on
any road, and the water is still very near the road in some places.  There are lots of shore birds down there;
some very near the road, but with no optics I wouldn't even try to take a stab at it.

I didn't try, but it looks like it may be possible to get to the northern side of King's Lake tract from the Elsberry
side.  That road has been open for a while, but parts were still impassable a week or so ago.

Laura Montgomery
Elsberry, Missouri