For information only, no benefit to me.

I bought "Squirrel-be-gone" feeders which have a grid around the tube which drops down and closes off the feeding holes with a certain amount of weight on the perches .  The tightness of the spring on this grid can be adjusted.   I bought them at a Petsmart.  The website on the box is:
www.birdfeeders.com .   As noted in prior post, middle size birds, like cardinals, are not using it, although the tension on the spring would allow them.  The small birds are using it without interference from squirrels.

Good birding and feeding ,
Jane Allen
St. Louis County