Hello All….   I am forwarding the following from Jeff Wilson of TN.

Josh Uffman

St. Louis Co.

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fulvous Whistling Duck in Pemiscot Co.- Photos

On Saturday, June 14, 2008, I photographed a single Fulvous Whistling Duck in the ponds on the northwest corner of I-155 at exit 4 in Pemiscot Co. I called a TN birder and he tried to get this to a the Malones in MO to post but evidently that did not happen. The duck was hanging out with a bunch of Mallards and a single male Blue-winged Teal. I also counted 17 young Black-necked Stilts aged from a couple of weeks to a few days old in these ponds.

We have had a lot of wandering ducks at Ensley Bottoms in Memphis, TN recently. I've photographed  - 16 Black-bellied Whistling Ducks on 5/8, 17 Fulvous on 5/18, 2 more Fulvous on 6/7 and a Mottled Duck nearby the same day.

Good Birding !!!

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington Road
Bartlett, TN 38135
http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/
What is this feathered thing that lifts my heart to the heavens.