I promised an a.m. update on the Broad-tailed Hummingbird and I am barely making good on my promise because it's 11:45.  Judy Bergman and I sat for an hour or more in Bill Reeves' yard from about 10 to 11:25.  No Broad-tailed.  Tim Barksdale had advised Bill to put up more bird feeders because he said this bird had bad experiences with the main one.  Bill now has 3 feeders up.  There is one above his barbecue on the deck that is getting the most attention from 3 female and 1 male Ruby-throated.  THE BIRD may still be in the vicinity but at this point we haven't seen it since 1:30 p.m. Monday.  More birders are needed to keep the watch going.  We will post anything positive if it happens.
Robert Lewis

ASM Fall Meeting: Sept. 26-28, 2008 at Osage Beach, MO