The five remaining watchers at Bill Reeves' house left a few minutes after the Columbia crowd had left at 3pm, still without seeing the Broad-tailed.  His trill was heard about 1035 am, but he was never seen at any of the feeders.  The Sunday curse was in force for Jane Allen and me which decrees that birds discovered on a Saturday and not immediately pursued will not be found on Sunday.  Unfortunately, not everyone had heard in time to decide to come Saturday or to wait.

Bill was very generous and welcoming; we appreciate the opportunity for the stake-out at the Reeves' beautiful home, even though the star refused to come out on stage while his audience was present.

Jackie Chain
St Louis County
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/