I very much enjoyed watching and waiting for the Broad-tailed Hummingbird on a lovely day in a beautiful garden with good company.... except for no sighting.  Thanks to Bill Reeve, who noted that he heard the bird (along with several other birders) about 10:30 a.m.  He was gracious and gave us good pointers to finding it.  Perhaps it will venture back into the open (or did after we left). yes it did, great!!!
   Jackie  Chain and I later looked in vain for Black Vultures near Ste. Genevieve,MO.
    We've noticed that our outings on Sunday, especially after people find new and wonderful things on Saturday, are rarely productive.. but good company and being in nature is some compensation.  I have been known to say that the outings are great and the birds are an extra gift .  That holds true except for cold, miserable weather days.

Jane Allen
St. Louis County

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/